Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. June R Tunstall has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. June R Tunstall has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. June R Tunstall has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 26
Dr. Tunstall has been my physician for well over 15 years. I have always found her to be very interested and attentive to my health concerns. Diligent in making every effort to restore my health to include seeking all possible resources available. She is just like all the rests of the human race; "too much on her plate" but, I know in my heart she puts her patients first above all else.
Transferred to Dr. Tunstall when my primary care physician closed here practice.She seems to be well informed, iterested and willing to hear what I have to say. Does an excellent job of follow up.Willing to recomment local specialists, instead of insisting that only Richmond has quality specialist.Overall, I have no complaints.
I had to wait for over an hour for Dr. Tunstall to arrive. Once she did and I made mention to Dr. Tunstall of her tardiness, she made light of wasting my time. It was as if my time was not important. I would not in no way recommend her to see a family or friend on mind. Dr. Tunstalls bedside manners were not the best.
I was a patient of Dr Tunstall for a little over 2 years. Luckily I was in good health & rarely had to ask for an appointment. But when I did it would take 5-7 business days to get in to see here. Twice I called & made appointments only to get there on my appointment day to be told that I didn't have one & they wanted to make me another one for 5 or 6 days later. Once you arrive for an appointment you will wain in the waiting room for at least an hour & then be taken back to a room where you will wait for at least another hour.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tunstall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Worcester City Hospital
Dr. June R Tunstall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. June R Tunstall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hopewell, VA.