Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Juris Shibayama has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Wounds and Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I have been a patient of Dr shibayama for 8years.i have had 2 spinal fusions,I just last year,and just 3weeks ago a so joint fusion.there are not enough words of this remarkable Dr.he gave me hope to ever walk again,with no pain.he is so kind,compassionate,truly cares for his patients.he has prayed with me before every surgery,called me personally after every surgery.that is something special.he is the best of the best.i owe the good lord and this talented surgeon my life back,to walk pain free.god bless Dr shibayama
I had to have a cervical fusion in 2014 with Dr. Shibayama. After having months of neck pain and left arm pain and numbness, he quickly decided that surgery was my best option if I wanted to have use of my left arm again. He explained to me that I should be feeling better right after surgery, with full results within a year. He prayed with me before surgery, and when I woke up, I was able to move my arm immediately without pain. I was able to return to work in less than 2 weeks after surgery, and have been doing fine over the last 3 years. I would strongly recommend Dr. Shibayama to anyone that has back or neck pain. He is an amazing physician that truly cares about the well being of his patients!!
Dr. Shibayama was so great with lumbar spine repair that I went back after injuring my cervical spine. Have recommended him to anyone I know in need. He is thorough and explains what you need to know to help you make the decisions for your care.
I am a critical care RN and can be picky when it comes to my physicians. This surgeon met and exceeded any of my expectations. My surgery was one of the easiest things I have ever gone through. My pain and numbness was significant when I met him. Today I am pain free. I knew I had chosen the right surgeon when he held my hand and prayed with and for me just before the surgery was done. He personally phoned me to check on me when I got back home. I would proudly and confidently recommend him to my closest friends.
Dr. Shibayama is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Jackson Health System
Dr. Juris Shibayama accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTennessee Orthopedic Alliance, 300 Stonecrest Blvd Ste 300, Smyrna, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Juris Shibayama in this video.
Dr. Juris Shibayama is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Smyrna, TN.