Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Justin D Bennet has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Justin D Bennet has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Justin D Bennet has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I like this dr. just fine and look forward to my appts w/ him. I bring my list of questions and he answers them. He has a good sense of humor altho I'm the one making the comments. He seems relaxed and unrushed to me, even if I'm the last appt and he's in his street clothes. His clarity and relaxed demeanor are the things I noticed about him first thing and my favorite thing about him. I appreciate plain speech, I ask him a question - he answers it. It took me over a year to get in to see this guy. My wait times have never been long. If you have 5 in the waiting room that's not bad since there are 3 dr's. Longest I've ever waited is 15 minutes. I'll keep seeing Justin Bennet until he can't help me anymore and refers me on. Maybe he should have 5 stars but I'm being conservative. Tks for reading.
He was the Gastroenterologist for my disabled friend during a period of time that she lost over 100 lbs. and could not keep food or liquid down. I ultimately went to an appointment with her to make sure he understood that she was not able to eat and keep down any food or liquid for the past many months (she had told him that at several previous appointments). When I questioned him as to whether there may be a blockage, he simply brushed me off saying it was Gastroenteritis (the same diagnosis he had given her for the past year). He continued with this diagnosis even though she could not drink the liquids required for a colonoscopy. I was concerned enough to bring her into the emergency room where she was admitted. An ultrasound was performed and a complete intestinal/bowel obstruction was diagnosed. Ultimately, the blockage was determined to be very advanced stage colorectal cancer, which had spread to several other internal organs. Upon consulting with a surgeon to remove the blockage, emergency surgery was performed, and the blockage either burst into her abdominal cavity before or during surgery. This caused sepsis (her toxic/cancerous bowel contents were emptied into her abdominal cavity) and she died a week or so later when should was unable to recover from the sepsis. The whole time I interacted with him, both at his office, and at the hospital, he was smug and unapologetic. I am in the process of contacting the medical board to have his conduct reviewed for malfeasance. Go to him at your own risk!
Refuses to think outside the box to entertain the possibility of rare/difficult to diagnose diseases. Horrible bedside manner-I felt Does not personally have the skill level to perform more complicated GI procedures i.e. ERCP, biliary manometry - he is strictly a colonoscopy and endoscopy GI doctor. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR if your condition is outside the realm of the 'common' GI diseases. He will get frustrated with you and ultimately tell you that your illness is 'in your head' when actually, it's just out of his scope of expertise (which he will REFUSE to admit at YOUR expense!!!). If you must go to this practice, see one of his partners.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Justin D Bennet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Justin D Bennet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.