Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Justina M Deitz has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Justina M Deitz has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Justina M Deitz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Justina M Deitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
I first saw Dr. Deitz based on a friends recommendation, and I certainly was not disappointed. I was very surprised to see the amount of time she spent with me (I was at my wits end with Endo's and their TSH only obsession) I continued to follow her to the Emerson practice, but had several issues with the front desk faxing paperwork and I eventually lost my insurance and could not go back... I have yet to find an Endo who looked at my symptoms since, not just my numbers, so I will be returning humbly back to the office and bringing my daughter who seems to have the same issues as I have and hopefully she won't suffer as many years as I did listening to Drs. who look at "normal range" only and tell you that your fine..there are so many things that can go wrong with the thyroid, and its not a quick fix, the key to a good Endo is to find one that listens and switches/adjusts meds if necessary (not every med works for everyone, I was feeling horrible on Synthroid!) Dr. Deitz stands out from the rest, highly recommended
Dr D is amazing she saved my life. I was so lucky to found her. I was misdiagnosed with a hormone and Thyroid condition for 20 years and suffered in silence after being told by several other physicians it was in my head. Dr D has always been compassionate, knowledgable, professional and always saw to my needs. She diagnosed my problem put me on medication and gave me so much support. Thanks to her I am a new person. She is truly a life saver.
17 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Justina M Deitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBergen Medical Associates, 466 Old Hook Rd Ste 1, Emerson, NJ
Dr. Justina M Deitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Emerson, NJ.