Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Upon arrival at Generations Geriatric, the staff who greeted my husband and me were very nice, the nurse was friendly and helpful then she had my husband speak to Dr Vadalia privately for a few minutes. Finally, I was asked to join Dr. Vadalia and my husband. From here everything went downhill rapidly, the doctor spoke to me as if my husband wasn’t even in the room. Having only spent approximately 15 minutes with my husband, the doctor began to give me advice on what my husband needed without paying much attention to me, the person who has been married for 50 years and knows my husband’s likes, dislikes, and needs better than anyone. The doctor dismissed most of what I had to say with “that’s irrelevant” or “each patient is different “ then proceeded to tell me he had each of his patients do the same thing which included going to Senior Day Care three days a week for several hours each time, etc. My thought if each patient is different why does he treat them all the same? By the time we left his office my husband was extremely agitated and once we reached our car I started crying. Red flag should have been raised when we were told that if we decided to use this practice that we could no longer go to the neurologist who had been working with us for six years. Needless to say we will not be going back to Generations Geriatrics ever!!
Great experience all around. My mom was referred by her primary care physician. I'm so glad for this. Dr. Vadalia and his staff treated my mom and our family with utmost respect. Unfortunately my mom needed to be admitted to the GPU, which is the hospital psychiatric unit. It sounds like Delia's experience was not good. My mom's and our family's experience was the complete opposite! Thank you for all you do for your patients!!
35 Years Experience
M P Shah Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsGenerations Geriatric Mental Health, 138 Webster St, Manchester, NH
Dr. Jwalant K Vadalia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manchester, NH.