Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jyothishree R Pinnaka has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 5 of 9
The second visit she insisted I start dialysis. She always insisted appond her own way. If you disagree with her, she keep reinterrating into you agree. I also, felt in my opinion that she tried to bribe me with pain killers. Asking me what will it take for me to stay on the type of dialysis she thought was best for me. Was not willing to listen to my issues, became threatening saying if I don't keep my appointments she will put in my medical records that I'm non-compliant and then this would cause my not to be a reciprocate of a kidney transplant.
Having had a seemingly vast experience with physician office visits (due to several medical problems), I will say that the initial appointment with Dr. Pinnaka was the most informing office visit I have ever had. She took the time to thoroughly explain and make sure I understood my medical situation totally. Everyone in the office was also very friendly and welcoming as well as helpful and thorough in performing their responsibilities. This office visit experience had the effect of instilling complete confidence in Dr. Pinnaka and future medical care.
26 Years Experience
Government Medical College Mysore
Graduated in 1992
Queens Hospital Center
Dr. Jyothishree R Pinnaka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemphis Nephrology Associates, 6005 Park Ave Ste 825B, Memphis, TN
Dr. Jyothishree R Pinnaka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.