Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jyoti Somani
Dr. Jyoti Somani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, GA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Somani is affiliated with Emory University Hospital, Grady Memorial Hospital and Piedmont Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Jyoti Somani has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jyoti Somani has the following 12 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Opportunistic Infections
Dr. Jyoti Somani is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Somani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Emory University Hospital Midtown EUHM
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
Henry Medical Center Inc
Piedmont Mountainside Hospital
Fayette Community Hospital
Affiliated with Piedmont Fayette Hospital
25 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Jyoti Somani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Solutions, 1265 Highway 54 W, Fayetteville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jyoti Somani in this video.
Dr. Jyoti Somani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, GA.