Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jyotsna Nair has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jyotsna Nair has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Jyotsna Nair is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
After reading the first review I was very unhappy about my child being scheduled to see Dr. Nair. I was pleasantly surprised to find she was compassionate and focused and that she engendered my child's trust with her direct and pointed questions. I thought I knew what was going on but Dr. Nair elicited things I hadn't heard of. She offered what insight she had to the issues, suggested a plan, answered my child's questions, and committed with my child to the plan. There was no impression of being rushed but things flowed naturally and quickly. The appointment was 1/2 hour late but I think that's a reflection of the Burrell bureaucracy, not the doctor.
I take my child to Dr Nair for medicine only. She agreed with the diagnosis by the psychologist, so she's only good for the prescription. As a doctor, she is quite bad, particularly with "bedside manner." She asks silly questions that don't get to the real issue at all, and her desk is so cluttered that you can barely see her face. There is no connection with the patient either. My child can't stand her, but there are so few choices in town. She is also extremely late with lame excuses (30 minutes average, sometimes longer).
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jyotsna Nair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians, 3401 Berrywood Dr Ste 300, Columbia, MO
Dr. Jyotsna Nair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.