Have you seen Dr. Kaare A Kolstad Jr?

Great

Dr Kolestad was fantastic with my 90 year mom fell and broke her femor. Treated her with great knowledge and care and was very thourough with answering our questions and concerns

2 partial knee replacements

Dr Kolstad did my partial knee replacements in Houston TX. He is a superb Dr.

Best surgeon in Houston

Dr. Kolstad performed both my knee surgeries. One in 2008,the other in 2011. I was always well informed about my diagnoses and other information. Dr. Kolstad and his expert team successfully completed my knee reconstruction (MCL, kneecap stabilization)with precision. Both him and the office staff made me feel like my well being was the main priority. And I recommend him to anyone suffering from joint issues.

He's the only one who was able to figure out what was wrong with my knee.

Most painful surgery EVER! I had a partial knee replacement on my knee. Got infected, had to do surgery over with a new replacement. Recovery time took over 8 months. I could not work due to the fact I could not walk. I had talked to dozens of other patients before and after my knee surgery, and 100 % had a great outcome but with other Ortho Doctors. I was 57 y/o in good shape. This changed my life completely financially due to the fact I could not work. DO YOUR Research carefully. Apparently- I did not.

Terrible Experience

I went to see Dr. Kolstad after a fall in 2010 and needed shoulder surgery (SLAP surgery + rotator cuff tear). First Street Hospital was a joke. My SO was not allowed back to visit with me before surgery but was told by my loved one that other people were being called back to visit with their loved ones. A "doctor" spoke to me about which shoulder would be worked on, any concerns, etc. - I never saw Dr. Kolstad pre-surgery. The nurse could not put an IV in my arm and it became infiltrated. The actual anesthesiologist had to do it. I was put to sleep without being told! I went home with a pain pump in my neck. At 10 pm that evening I was in GREAT pain. When I called the "service" that was supposed to help me, I was told that basically I couldn't be in that much pain and asked if I could depress the button. I could but it wasn't slowly coming back up (like it's supposed to do) so I wasn't getting any pain relief. I finally looked at the hosing and the line was pinched off so it was never working and I was sent home that way from the hospital. After I fixed that I got some relief but only after I was treated like I was stupid. I went through 3 months of rehab only to suffer a frozen shoulder. During appointments post-surgery after complaining about should pain and limited movement, Dr. Kolstad actually said that "some people aren't in as much pain as they think" and "many times women say they can't move their shoulder and when I go back in I can easily manipulate their shoulder under anesthesia." I let Dr. Kolstad go back in to cut/burn away the scar tissue ("it was so bad I could barely get the scope through it" and "I couldn't move your shoulder while you were under"). This time I requested to go to Methodist Hospital which he approved. I went through 2 more months of rehab before I (and my therapist) decided the initial surgery was botched. I was informed at that time by his clinic workers (not real helpful overall) that I would probably need to go to a pain management clinic! I was sent to a neurologist because I had great pain going down the inside of my arm and my fingers were swollen and extremely painful. I was then put on Lyrica and stayed on that drug plus hydrocodone for over a year and a half. When Dr. Kolstad was asked if HE did the surgery, he said he did, then added "well, I'm responsible for your surgery." So, he evidently watched (hopefully?) an intern perform surgery on my shoulder but would never admit it. I reviewed the paperwork I signed at 4:30 in the morning at First Street Hospital; it basically said anyone, ANYONE, at First Street Hospital could work on me. To sum up my experience, it was a nightmare and Dr. Kolstad acted above it all. When I told him I still had pain in my deltoid (initial complaint along with deep shoulder pain) I was told "that's not the shoulder - that's a muscle - and I don't know about that" as he shrugged me off. I had to go to a shoulder specialist for a third surgery. That doctor saved my life (the bicep was too tight so he cut it off the labrum and screwed it into my humerous and did a nerve decompression in my deltoid) and I now have use of my arm but of course in limited ways. My pain is at least "livable" and I feel blessed. The bright spot was Dr. Kolstad's PA, Heather. She actually listened to me and acted like she cared. I would never go to Dr. Kolstad again for anything.

Couldn't do better

i dislike going to doctors office but your staff is awesome and you are the cherry on top. Thank you for helping me with my hip.

Knee Good as New

Minor tear of miniscus caused discomfort following strenuous activity. Dr. did not push for surgery, but I wanted it fixed...surgery was @ First Street and was successful...and virtually pain free. Dr. Kolstad is personable and professional. Knee is good as new.

Incomplete Diagnosis

I had a torn ACL, which was repaired. I continued to have knee pain and had to give up sports. I had another MRI and Dr. Kolstad told me he could see nothing wrong. 5 years later I took the same MRI results to another doctor and he pointed out a clear tear in the meniscus causing the pain.

this guy analyzed the wrong shoulder from a visit before. did not examine me at all and missed that i had a torn pectorial muscle

Abeer Syed

What a nice man and what a great surgeon. I had a hip arthroscopy with him last year and am 100% satisfied.

Dr. Kaare A Kolstad Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wheat Ridge, CO.