Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kaaren R Olesen
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Urbandale, IA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Olesen is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center and Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital. Dr. Olesen has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 13
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Olesen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsWomens Care Clinic, 2540 106th St Ste 101, Urbandale, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kaaren R Olesen, DO - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Urbandale, IA, in this video.
Dr. Kaaren R Olesen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Urbandale, IA.