More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kalpana S Shah has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Eye Diseases
Showing 5 of 10
Very bad experience, Dr Shah was not courteous at all even though we have been seeing her for more than a year now. My older daughter had severe rash and when we called the office was told to come to see her. More than week later at the appointment day we found out that receptionist screwed up our appoinment and they only scheduled my younger daughter. When we request Dr Shah to see my older daughter she simply refused saying she was not schedule and will not be able to see her. I told her that her skin is really bad and atleast prescribe some other cream/ointment but she refused again saying that I am not going to pay overtime to my staff. I moved from Chicago 2 years ago and we never ever had such kind of experiece before. Her web page displays " We care for little things" but it is totally opposite of what it says. Hope fully we will be able to switch to her partner Dd. Kaza or to another pediatrician who is considerate, courteous and have some bad side manners unlike Dr Shah who lack thse basic skills and need to work on. I will never ever recommend anybody to see her again. She is simply rude and unhelpful.
I think Dr. Shah would be fine if you have a healthy child, are fine with outdated information, and are comfortable with a doc who will brush off your questions and act as if you are silly to be asking them. If you're looking for someone with a little more interest in forming a relationship with you, I would go elsewhere. One positive thing I would say is that she was easily accessible after hours when I needed advice, although of course that advice was given in a "don't worry about it--Tylenol's fine--babies cry" kind of way.
I've been taking my four kids to doctor Shah for 15 years. We've been very satisfied and would recommend her to anyone needing a pediatrician in the area. She is professional and caring, listens to concerns and responds appropriately. They get you in very quickly when your child is sick, if you call early in the day they always see you the same day. There is a nurse available by phone anytime the office is open so you can get questions answered or information needed without waiting for a call back. We've loved Dr. Shah and her practice and highly recommend!
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Mumbai
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Kalpana S Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMy 2nd Home Pediatrics Pllc, 31000 Telegraph Rd Ste 100, Bingham Farms, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kalpana S Shah in this video.
Dr. Kalpana S Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bingham Farms, MI.