Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr MD
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Riverton, NJ, with another office in Lakewood, NJ. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County, Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County and Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr has 2 locations
2800 Route 130 N
Riverton, NJ 08077
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr has the following 8 expertise
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Disorders (Circadian Rhythm)
- Sleep disorders (Parasomnias)
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr - Posted on January 22nd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr - Posted on December 13th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr - Posted on October 2nd, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County
Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center
Kimball Medical Center
Virtua West Jersey Hospital - Marlton
Centrastate Medical Center
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
20 Years Experience
M. P. Shah Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr's office for more information.
2800 Route 130 N Riverton, NJ 08077
483 River Ave Lakewood, NJ : (732) 364-6001
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kalpeshkumar Patel Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverton, NJ.