The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kalsoom K Khan
Dr. Kalsoom K Khan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC, with another office in Greensboro, NC. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Khan is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Khan has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kalsoom K Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 33
I've been seeing Dr. Khan since I was 20 years old. I followed her from the Regional Cancer Center to Stoney Creek and from Stoney Creek back to the Regional Cancer Center. She is a very kind and compasionate doctor. Her focus is always on what's best for her patient and she will make you feel very comfortable. I recommend her to everyone that I know with a cancer diagnosis (no matter the type).
I was recommended to Dr. Khan by my family doctor. It turns out, it was a perfect fit. Dr. Khan is kind, compassionate, and very on top of treatment. I look forward to my visits that are now bi-annual. She always has time to listen to all of my concerns. She has never been short with me at all. Very kind, caring doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Kalsoom K Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kalsoom K Khan in this video.
Dr. Kalsoom K Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.