Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kalyani Mehta
Dr. Kalyani Mehta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mehta is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus, Little Company of Mary Hospital and Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Kalyani Mehta has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kalyani Mehta has the following 1 expertise
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
Dr. Kalyani Mehta has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kalyani Mehta is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mehta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus
Little Company of Mary Hospital
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital
14 Years Experience
Medical College Baroda
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Kalyani Mehta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsKidney Consultants Medical, 11550 Indian Hills Rd, Mission Hills, CA
Dr. Kalyani Mehta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.