Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kamran N Ghalili MD
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salem, OR, with other offices in Salem, OR and Salem, OR . He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Ghalili is affiliated with Salem Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili has 3 locations
610 Hawthorne Ave SE
Salem, OR 97301
Book Online Now
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili has the following 14 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kamran N Ghalili - Posted on February 13th, 2017
Shows this position based on a referral and some good reviews. One of his comments was why go to Portland when you could have good care in Salem , go to Portland for there is a lack of professional providers in Salem. Not going to mention the medication but didn't even know that one medication wouldn't or couldn't be combined with something else. He received most compassionate doctor in a certain year I can't remember when it was exactly the opposite having a list of questions that were not addressed at all. Made sure to tell us how many patients he had to see and in a rush to get out of the room. I would explain his demeanor as rude. Too big for his britches sort of attitude, for lack of better description right now . Should've known by the very limp handshake . Would travel farther to get a higher level of competency. Actually use the term I'm just the cardiologist, which oh my gosh the heart keeps the body alive you were one of the most vital physicians to have except for a brain surgeon, after hearing that I had no confidence in this physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kamran N Ghalili - Posted on March 11th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kamran N Ghalili - Posted on March 5th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ghalili is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kamran N Ghalili, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Salem, OR, in this video.
Dr. Kamran N Ghalili is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salem, OR.