Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kamshad N Raiszadeh has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Spinal Stenosis
Showing 5 of 11
I personally like Dr. Raiszadeh and appreciate his recommendation to attend physical therapy despite my insistence in asking for a minimally invasive surgery. However, the whole referral process to his personal business, Spine Zone was an absolute joke. The referral coordinator named "Betty" straight lied to my face that she had already faxed in the referral to the insurance company and is pending authorization, when my insurance in fact, never received anything. I learned this delay of process 14 days following the first appointment, after personally calling the insurance myself. I called because something was weird that the authorization process was taking such a long time. Next thing, the CSR at the insurance company states there was no referral made from Dr. Raiszadeh's... So I call back to talk to Betty and she said it was sent in but the insurance side had never received it. The following cover ups and excuses were just downright laughable; saying how the insurance company may have changed their fax # or their fax machine must have been broken, and then following up with how the referral was made late. I suppose the insurance company changing their fax# or having a broken fax machine is a plausible assumption or argument. However, how could she be so self-assured that the insurance had received the referral and was pending authorization? The insurance never received anything and either Betty is a liar or she must have been faxing stuff in her dreamsâ¦
It has been two years since my surgery! Every day I think how lucky I am to have had surgery with Dr Raiszadeh. Six months after surgery, I thought I was doing great, but now even more so. My life is amazing. I am very active now and am grateful beyond words. Before surgery, almost all my activities were severely curtailed. Nothing is curtailed now. I am doing everything I had to stop before surgery- training at the gym, walking, standing for more than just a few short minutes, reaching up and out ,things I thought I would never be able to do again and - no more pain! After my short post surgery physical therapy, the therapist told me I could do anything and he was right. My retirement is now the best it can be! Thank you again for working a miracle with surgery and for the wonderful follow up!
My only complaint about seeing Dr. Raiszadeh was the long wait both times I've seen him so far. He was really easy to talk to, seemed to really care about my problem and the thing I liked the best about him was his not pushing drugs on me, I hate medications!Instead he's got a spine rehab center, Spine Zone where I'm going to rehab my spinal problems. Highly recommend Dr. Raiszadeh, even though it might be a long wait it's completely worth it!!!!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of California San Francisco School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
Dr. Kamshad N Raiszadeh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLa Jolla Spine Institute, 6719 Alvarado Rd Ste 308, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kamshad N Raiszadeh in this video.
Dr. Kamshad N Raiszadeh is similar to the following 0 Doctors near San Diego, CA.