Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kanan A Modi has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
This doctor is very cold with my children. She shows no effect ion what's so ever or a simply nice gesture. She often has a bad day and is often giving her staff a bad time. Doctor is always late! There hasn't been once where I'm in and out in less than an hour. It's more the waiting time in the exam room with my two toodlers than the time she takes to exam my children. Staff is very friendly and is often making excuses for Dr.Modi of why she is running late or excusing her for having us waiting for so long. there's been 5 occasions where my appointment has been change due to the fact she has so many emergencies. I work at a doctors office and I know how that goes. Either dr does not want to come at there first patient appointment or they have other personal important things to do than seeing there patients.
Very pleasant to visit this doctor , she is very warm & concerned about my children . The wait may be long but it is very much worth it. She always calls us back & makes me feel comfortable by explaining about my child's condition . Office staff is really very friendly. I would highly recommend Dr Modi .
All 3 of my children have been coming to Dr. Kanan Modi for 6 years. She is a really good doctor. I will admit there is a wait to be seen once we are in the office, BUT they do offer same day appointments to all patients. I am a worry mother, so if I needed anything after hours, I would call the office and she was very quick on calling me back with advice. The staff is very warming on the phone and in person.
I took my daugther who was one year old at the time to see doctor Modi for the first time. My daughter started crying non-stop. Dr Modi could not take her crying spells and refered me to a psyquiatrist. She told me that I should wean her off the breast because there is not benefit from it and my daughter was too old to be breasfed. There is nothing wrong with my daughter she even goes to her Gymboree classes, she is very sociable.She just had bad experiences with doctors. A year later,I took my daughter back and she was not crying or anything.Dr Modi said that my daughter is older now and that was the reason she was not crying no more. Come on, she doesnt know about unsecured attachent, anxiety in children - even though I have explained that she wa use to see me and her father.Doctor Modi does not spend time asking or responding questions. She is just there for the money and she doesn't truly care for the patients. Terrible bed manners! No eye contact which is extremely rude and I have asked her about her weight and height percentile scale and she got mad taking a long time to answer and yelling across the back room.. I do not recommend her
Dr. Kanan A Modi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPhysicians Healthways Ipa, 1305 W Arrow Hwy Ste 104, San Dimas, CA
Dr. Kanan A Modi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Dimas, CA.