Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kanchan Gupta
Dr. Kanchan Gupta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, IL. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Gupta is affiliated with MacNeal Hospital, Carlinville Area Hospital and Passavant Area Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kanchan Gupta has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Dr. Kanchan Gupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCkubucak Reduikigusts, 3050 Montvale Dr Ste A, Springfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kanchan Gupta in this video.
Dr. Kanchan Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.