Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kannya P Asokan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kannya P Asokan has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kannya P Asokan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
She is a very caring doctor. She is very easy to talk to about your concerns, takes time to listen and answers your questions. Very thorough in going over your medicines, lab reports and checking you over. She never rushes you out the door. She found I had AFIB during a regular office visit and sent me right away to the emergency room/hospital and called the cardiologist to take care of the problem.
I have cancer and this Doctor refused to see me because I was treating myself for cancer and asked if she would do labs???? That is all I could think of, only saw her once I think. She didn't really give me a reason, but really this is not someone who cared about me the patient.... If this is how you treat patients who have cancer and take responsibility for treating themselves then why did you get into the medical field?? I still have cancer 5 years later and still alive but no thanks to this Doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
Psg Institute Of Medical Sciences And Research
Graduated in 2001
Crozer Chester Medical Center
Dr. Kannya P Asokan accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsParsons Medical Center, 781 Cypress Village Blvd, Ruskin, FL
Dr. Kannya P Asokan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ruskin, FL.