Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai - Posted on March 11th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai - Posted on December 6th, 2010
My family loves Dr. Obhrai. She was wonderful with my daughter. She always gave me the words I needed to hear when I was weary with a sick child. When we moved away, my biggest concern was finding a doctor we love as much as her. It has been four years and we are still searching. I highly recommend Dr. Obhrai.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai - Posted on March 11th, 2010
Great Doctor, Horrible Clinic
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai - Posted on October 8th, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai - Posted on February 22nd, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
45 Years Experience
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Nyu Downtown Hospital
Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai, MD - Pediatrics in Shawnee, OK, in this video.
Dr. Kanwal K Obhrai is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Shawnee, OK.