Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kara M Alexandrovic has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Kara M Alexandrovic has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 12
When I had my first baby, I was nervous because the doctor I had been seeing was not on call and I had only met Dr. Alexandrovich once. She was so wonderful and professional during the labor and when it finally came time to push, it was like having my own personal cheerleader in the room with me and not in the annoying way. She just kept telling me how great I was doing and I felt like a superwoman because of it. I still love my old doctor but I'm secretly hoping Dr. Alexandrovich is the one who is on call for when I have my next one in March. She even remembered my son's name at the last appointment I had and we hadn't seen each other in almost 2 years!
Dr. Alex has been my OB for more than three years. I saw her frequently in the past 10 months when I was pregnant. She was very very knowledgeable, attentive, patient and nice. She really cared me and we trusted her and felt comfortable with her advice. I think it would be helpful to share two small things with you: 1. I called the office at about 2pm to ask something about my blood test results and I didn't expect any response soon since it was not urgent and they would be close at 4:30pm. However, I received a call back from Dr. Alex directly at about 7:30pm when we were dining outside. She explained in detail what my results meant. Remember, it was the dining time, we were dining and she was helping us. 2. One time after all the professional exams and questions, I asked her whether we should use some massage oil before labor. Guess what, we turned out shopping together at Amazon for it! Dr. Alex is the best and we will definitely recommend her to all our friends! 2.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Kara M Alexandrovic accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Kara M Alexandrovic
ara Alexandrovic,MD was raised in the Cincinnati area and graduated from Miami University in 2004. Having studied education, she decided her true passion lay in the practice of medicine and women's health. She attended the University of Cincinnati College Of Medicine and graduated with honors in 2009. In 2013, she completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Colorado, where she served as chief resident. Kara's favorite thing about being an obstetrician/gynecologist is caring for patients from adolescence through the menopausal years. She believes in providing compassionate and individualized care for all in an open-minded environment. With a background in teaching, she is committed to patient education, so all women can feel informed and empowered! Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Robert, reading, traveling, skiing and cycling. Dr Alexandrovic also serves on the Associate Board for Big Brother Big Sisters of Colorado. Dr. Alexandrovic is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology - See more at: http://metroobgyn.org/physicians/profile/Kara-Alexandrovic-MD#sthash.sNpUWgPf.dpuf
Locations & DirectionsMETROPOLITIAN OB/GYN, 4500 E 9th Ave Ste 470, Denver, CO
Dr. Kara M Alexandrovic is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Denver, CO.