Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kara J Hoisington DO
Dr. Kara J Hoisington has 2 locations
Dr. Kara J Hoisington has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kara J Hoisington has the following 17 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Growth Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
Referred by doctor due to serious shift in my thyroid values. Hoisingtons 1st available appointment was in 7 months. Ridiculous. I'll find someone ony own
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara J Hoisington - Posted on October 26th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara J Hoisington - Posted on September 7th, 2017
Good Doctor but bad office experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara J Hoisington - Posted on November 4th, 2015
Don't be late to your appointment or they will try to make you reschedule. I had to wait months to get an appointment and then when I was a little late arriving they wanted to reschedule. I told them not to bother I'll use another doctor. The office staff did not seem to care that she lost a patient over being a little late. She is a good doctor but not worth that kind of hassle, especially when I have waited long periods of time in the past to see her.
receptionist extremely rude and abrupt.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara J Hoisington - Posted on June 29th, 2015
I called to ask for appointmen, as soon as I asked if Dr. was taking new patients she said, " no," as I began to ask another question I realized she had hung up on me, without a goodbye, thank you for calling, nothing. Almost glad Dr. Hoisington isn't taking patients if this is how they are treated.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara J Hoisington - Posted on March 3rd, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
15 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Kara J Hoisington Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
More about Dr. Kara J Hoisington
Dr. Hoisington provides evaluation, diagnosis, and long term management of endocrine disorders. She also has experience in pediatric endocrinology. LAKE ERIE COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE medical school INGHAM REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Internal Medicine) internship INGHAM REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Internal Medicine) residency MT.CLEMENS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Endocrinology & Metabolism) fellowship
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kara J Hoisington is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.