Highly Recommended If You Are Ready To Make A Change.

I normally do not write reviews like this, but I thought it worthwhile for those interested in working with Dr. Nance and her team. I wanted to write this because I know it can be scary committing and taking the steps to get started, but I can tell you that I do not have one single regret in making the choice to get help. I have never felt judged or chastised by anyone at the office and have appreciated the entire staffs positive attitude and encouragement for me on my journey. I have been in the program for 10 weeks now and I am down 42 pounds. What I like about the team is that through the use of their products, scheduled check-ins, and meetings they create a full support system not only meant to help you lose weight, but help make the actual lifestyle change to sustain it. For the first time in my life, I feel like I am dieting with purpose and intention and it feels really good. The meal program is convenient and a weeks worth of food costs me less than what I used to spend on the weekend eating at restaurants. I have never felt pressured to use or leverage any of their products or classes and was told I could move forward with what I was comfortable with. To get the results I have seen so far, I have taken advantage of their products to help meet my goals. Its important to note that insurance does not cover the food costs, so if you choose to move in that direction you will have to pay for the food, which is much less expensive than my old eating habits. If you are ready to make a change and really commit to a structured weight loss program I could not recommend this place more. It has changed my life and I am just getting started. I hope this review gives you some encouragement to take the first step on your own journey if you need it. I can tell you from experience it is well worth it!

Too expensive even with insurance

I felt pushed to buy nearly $250 of products (BTW that is my grocery bill for a family of 4!). She continually pushed me to join weight loss groups for $50 a session. I thought I was going to an MD and ended up getting a "buy this and you will lose weight" approach. I did the prescribed diet for 2 weeks and nearly fainted b.c I wasn't taking in the correct amount of protein. I also got billed for tests that were not needed according to my insurance and PCP. I am not a money making venture. I am a patient truly seeking help and a one size fits all approach is just not ethical.

You couldn't find a better doctor anywhere...

Dr. Nance has been understanding and knowledgeable with all my concerns. She offered advise and directions but also was compassionately direct when it came to my lack of following instructions and thus failing to meet my own goals.

Dr. Kara J Nance is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.