Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kara P Fine MD
Dr. Kara P Fine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH, with another office in Arlington Heights, IL. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Kara P Fine has 2 locations
2100 W Central Ave Ste 100
Toledo, OH 43606
Dr. Kara P Fine has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kara P Fine has the following 10 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Kara P Fine is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara P Fine - Posted on October 9th, 2012
Horrible- move on
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara P Fine - Posted on March 29th, 2012
Although she seemed nice enough, I had a pretty lousy overall experience. I went to see Dr. Fine with a specific problem. She not only had zero background on my issue, she also would not for the life of me call me back, never mind offer any sort of prognosis. The overall impression was that she didn't take it very seriously. I was sent for a CAT scan, she filled out the wrong paper work and took 3 weeks to tell me that I would have to go back. I ended up having to find someone else and start over. FYI- the following review was orchestrated by her office. Apparently they weren't to happy about my comments. Sorry, just my experience.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara P Fine - Posted on November 30th, 2010
Go to someone else.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara P Fine - Posted on November 12th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kara P Fine - Posted on April 19th, 2010
21 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Kara P Fine Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kara P Fine is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Toledo, OH.