Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karan J Singh
Dr. Karan J Singh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Hills, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Singh is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Tustin Hospital and Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Karan J Singh has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones (Nephrocalcinosis)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
If you want to see a doctor whose practice doesn't return calls and has urine stained equipment left in the patient bathrooms, then this is your place. I have left multiple messages and to this date have not received a call back. It's been a week and a half, and nothing. I will not be seeing any physician in this group again. Being a retired nurse, I couldn't imagine that the overflowing specimen box and dried urine covered equipment, would meet any health standards anywhere. Disgusting.
It was like pulling teeth trying to get something for my 12 year olds pain. He flat out said "there is nothing for it" and left the appointment...then i remembered antibiotics helped so i called him back in...after some discussion I suggested "maybe its inflammation"...he says "o ya maybe..." then finally suggested ibuprophen and again im asking how much etc since he wasn't saying...was terrible. also said the test wouldn't be painful and it was...wow
Each visit with Dr. Singh was so stressful that I was in tears by the time I reached the parking lot. He has been dismissive of my pain level, scolded me for not continuing a medication that made me vomit, and utterly refused to discuss dietary changes or more "natural" ways that might help my kidney disease. His approach is very black & white and bereft of compassion. His constant smile is entirely disingenuous. Perhaps Dr. Singh simply can't relate to female patients (he has very few), but regardless, I refuse to see him again.
At 69, I had developed a very challenging prostate problem that prevented me from leaving the house for more than 30 minutes at a time without wearing uncomfortable "pull-ups". I consulted Dr. Karan Singh and he conducted a very thorough examination and tests in an effort to avoid surgery, but in the end, when surgery was the only meaningful alternative, I was confident that I would be well treated - and I wasn't disappointed. The surgery took about 90 minutes. I was blissfully out for the duration, and recovery was without incident. After a quick overnight stay in the hospital, I spent a couple of days watching terrible TV until doctor's great staff removed the catheter, and I was back on my feet. Two weeks later, I'm "whizzing like a teenager" with no discomfort. Moreover, the "urgency" problem has disappeared. I would highly recommend Dr. Singh to men with similar prostate challenges.
Dr. Singh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Karan J Singh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrange County Urology Associates, 25200 La Paz Rd Ste 200, Laguna Hills, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karan J Singh in this video.
Dr. Karan J Singh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.