Dr. Karanvir Prakash Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Karanvir Prakash?

Worst Experience

Posted on January 15th, 2014

I went to Colonial Orthopedics in Colonial Heights at the suggestion of Patient First. Had visited PF for injury to my thumb. They said it was fractured after taking several x-rays. Went to CO 5 days later. Dr. Prakash, whose specialty is the foot and ankle, came in, greeted me and asked how did I injure my thumb. I told him I was unsure but that it hurt like hec. He proceeded to move it to the left and right asking me did it hurt. I said no because it didn't. He asked me to show him where I was experiencing the pain. I showed him and he then proceeded to take his thumb and press what appeared to be as hard as he could on that area. After I yelled out and nearly began to cry, he said, "Oh that's just arthritis. Do you want a cortisone shot." He made a diagnosis without even looking at the x-rays. So I asked him was he going to review the x-ray. He glanced at one of the three x-ray photos with and without his glasses and said he didn't see a fracture that it was just arthritis and asked did I want the shot or not. I asked what was the shot for. He said to reduce swelling and for pain (much of which he made worse) so I asked couldn't I just take Motrin for that. He said yes, but that the cortisone would be quicker. So I asked what kind of arthritis and what were my options. He said there was no cure and my only option was the shot, physical therapy or surgery. If there was no cure for arthritis, what would surgery do? He also suggested I see his partner, a hand specialist for a follow up and to get fitted by their office for a hand brace! He offered me no further information on arthritis and seemed dismissive once I said I didn't want a shot. Needless to say I made an appointment for a second opinion. This was by far the most painful and unpleasant experience I've ever had with a doctor.

Excellent doctor and staff

Posted on November 10th, 2012

very professional and will make you feel comfortable with the procedure that you are receiving.

A JOKE

Posted on February 25th, 2012

Should not be a dr. 2 yrs later a small problem became a major problem thanks to him.

The best doctor ever

Posted on February 4th, 2012

THE BEST DOCTOR EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on October 30th, 2015