Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Karel Raska Jr
Dr. Karel Raska Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morristown, NJ. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Raska is affiliated with St Barnabas Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Raska has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Karel Raska Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karel Raska Jr has the following 17 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Karel Raska Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karel Raska Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 7
Dr Raska has been treating my father for AFIB for many years. I have accompanied him many times on these visits. He is very thorough and knowledgeable and as a matter of fact was only 1 of 2 doctors that told me they suspected my dad had a serious hidden infection post knee surgery. His health had been deteriorating and we went from specialist to specialist and were highly frustrated and emotionally exhausted as nobody was able to explain what was happening. Most recently we went to see Dr Raska for a typical exam and he saw my dad was jaundiced and ordered lab work, which showed his hemoglobin was dangerously low and that he needed to go to the ER. I highly recommend Dr Raska for anyone seeking an articulate, knowledgeable and caring physician.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Raska is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Karel Raska Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsMorristown Cardiology Associates, 182 South St Ste 5, Morristown, NJ
Dr. Karel Raska Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.