Dr. Karen Abbott Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Karen Abbott?

NO NO NO DON'T DO IT

Posted on December 29th, 2015

This office is a total mess . Dr. Abbott Can not remember what she says...The office staff is the worst ... they pass the buck until you are so angry that you feel compelled to warn others. Make sure that you get a receipt or you are in for a whole lot of HORRIBLE...just sayin..... Worst Experience ever....Booo to This Office... The only Person in that office is Sandy the Botox lady .. Only see her NO one else or you will Sorry

Posted on March 16th, 2015

Dr. Abbott and her staff display the caring and true desire to treat patients with dignity and respect. Requiring patients to be a part of their own healing as well as offering options for treatment as they are available has given me hope that my condition was controllable. Dr Abbott not only shared her expertise without being arrogant, answered my questions, and she listened to my suggestions. Her staff listened as well making me feel that they were treating a person, not just a disease. She has been a blessing to me and to my family.

Excellent Surgeon and Gynocologist

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

My internist referred me to Karen Abbott 3 years ago for issues with ovarian and uterine cysts and problematic periods. Last fall after experiences monthly cramping and a general feeling of malaise and a bloated abdomen an ultrasound revealed my cysts (3) had grown and were on my bladder. Dr. Abbott suggested it was time to have a hysterectomy (via keyhole and my cervix remained), my ovaries were removed as there is a history of cancer on my material side of the family and I was too old for children. Of course I got myself educated about the surgery, her experience and what I could do bounce back after surgery. I was leaving for a 3 week trip to Cambodia and Vietnam 20 days after surgery so I had to be certain that I could do this and recover in confidence. Hands down, Dr. Abbott is one of the most qualified doctors I could have hoped to have, and I am so fortunate to have selected her. She cares so much about the well being of her patients, she is an expert at pain management; so much so that when I returned from my outpatient procedure (which took 2 hours) and got home, I called her office to make sure I had had the surgery. I felt so good, and the scars were so tiny. Dr. Abbott is no nonsense, she doesn't tell you what she thinks you want to hear, she explains the facts. I was grateful for that, even if I did not want to really hear that I needed to get these fibroids and cysts out of me. She's a really wonderful doctor, a good person, and I would recommend her to anyone. None of my gynecologists ever made me forget when I'm on that table in stirrups, but she does that. And she doesn't cram her schedule with patients every 15 minutes so she has time to spend with the patient.

good experience

Posted on July 13th, 2011

Surgery fixed my bleeding problem. No real after effects.Was professional, caring, and explained all very completely.

Misdiagnosis

Posted on February 22nd, 2011

I almost died as when taken to emergency, she diagnosed me with dying fibroids. She requested no tests to confirm her diagnosis. Dr. Abbott sent me home for 6 weeks prior to surgery. I was a vegetable. When she operated she found a severe case of PID (Pelvic Imflamatory Disease). She and her associate performed surgury, then turned it over to another DR. She later said "I was lucky to be alive". My primary care brushed it off as "every Dr. makes mistakes". Make sure this doesn't happen to you - I almost died.

Posted on April 25th, 2017