Dr. Karen Agersborg Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Agersborg?

Great experience

Posted on November 8th, 2017

I really like Dr. Agersborg. She is very knowledgeable and gets right down to business. Her competence and willingness to explain what was happening to me medically helped me get through a time that was very scary.

Arrogant, self-centered, not a good doctor.

Posted on August 25th, 2017

Not good at listening; acts like she knows everything; doesn't need any input from patient; she just wanted to do her thing; not very smart, considerate, nor caring.

Posted on October 27th, 2016

I am stunned by these negative ratings. I found Dr. Agersborg to be a fabulous doctor. She explained details, was very willing to answer questions thoroughly, and has a positive, upbeat approach to patient interaction. I would and have highly recommended her. I would love to find where she is practicing to see if she is taking new patients.

Posted on September 28th, 2016

Loved Dr. Karen Agersborg. I was very sad to lose her as my endocrinologist at Mercy Health and hope to reconnect with her in the very near future. I finally found an endocrinologist who got me back on track with my thyroid. I would highly recommend Dr. Agersborg! She knows what you need and how to help you.

Think twice before seeing this doctor

Posted on July 5th, 2016

A very uncaring doctor who spends more time on her computer than she does looking at the patient. I have never encountered a doctor before where I hated going to see them. After several months of enduring this torture, I switched to another doctor.

Posted on June 27th, 2016

she is the worst doctor ever. stay away, she needs professional help. she was recently let go from her job at suburban hospital's plymouth meeting mall location, prior to that she was fired from her position at chestnut hill hospital. where ever she lands next, stay away.

Posted on June 25th, 2016

I would like to Know where she moved to.

worst doctor EVER,

Posted on May 5th, 2016

She is rude , an a ego maniac. Needs to work on her doctor skills listening to the patient instead of talking about herself. The next day the doctor called me at home yelling at me, about me writing any bad reviews of her. Unprofessional !!!

Posted on August 1st, 2014

I would like to ask the admins of this page to check the ip addresses of the positive reviews. I have good reason to believe they are false.

Posted on June 3rd, 2014

I would not recommend her. I had a very bad experience with her, too long to detail here, but there are much better endo's out there. Most of the positive reviews have been written by herself. Do you really want a doctor who is doing that ? You can find out some of what happened to her at chestnut hill hospital by googling "Karen agersborg chestnut hill local."

A direct, efficient, passionate, PERSONAL doctor

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

If you want a towering, distant, ice-cold physician who operates in "the ivory tower of knowledge," and is "professionally neutral;" a doctor who will pat your hand, tell you that all of your greatest fears are right, and will sympathize with you and make soothing noises as they escort you out the door; or a medical practitioner who will take one look at your chart (instead of talking with you), and will give you a pill (or a shot), without asking or trying anything first, DON'T go to Dr. Agersborg! This is NOT who, or what, you will find!What you WILL FIND is a passionate, determined, dedicated, alert, and caring human being who will use everything she's got (plus a thousand times more) to help you to get to a better place if she thinks there is ANYTHING that can be done to make you feel better. (Not just a pill :) ). She seems to use a combination of Western medicine, practical first-hand knowledge, currently developing theories, and her own mix of intuition and gut to diagnose and form a treatment plan for each patient. What's more, she has a talent for pulling information together from disparate sources, which is great, because that means her advice is never myopic or one-sided.Yes, she is frank, and tells you what she thinks, and some people could take that personally, but that would be a giant mistake - She GENUINELY CARES about all people who are hurting, and would rather spend the time getting them better, than talking flowery talk or stroking their ego!!! To me, that's caring in the most practical fashion - caring IN ACTION, not in theory, and not just being a talking head! (Oh, and she gives out stickers if your numbers are good!!! :) :) :) :) That just made my day, I tell you I tell everyone about it!!! )She's an athlete (a rower) and someone who's had thyroid problems herself, so she really knows from first-hand experience how disruptive and frustrating it can be to not feel healthy and strong, and how to go about feeling better. She knows that YOU, THE PATIENT have to be a part of the effort to heal, too, as well as the doctor, and it seems to be part of her general philosophy that you can be part of your solution, or part of your problem, but that it's your job to help yourself feel better, in PARTNERSHIP with her, and that you two will get there together. Whether it be by medicine or exercise, or diet, or a combination of all three, her comprehensive and thorough approach looks at all sides of a problem, to see what is contributing it, and how to go about solving it.How do I "know" all this? Because I have been going to see her now for 5 years, and you don't go to see someone on and off for 5 years without getting to know someone and their treatment style. You also don't stick around that long unless it's working - and I'm thrilled to be able to say the majority of those years have been for maintenance and medication refills only, because we worked until we found a solution. I feel soooo much better than when I went in to see her the first time!I will continue to go to her, for as long as I need, because she's a good doctor. She's good at what she does, she's caring, honest, down-to-earth, and easy to talk with. But most of all, she helped me feel better (And Oooh, I was sooooo sick!!!). What more does a patient need?A Note:IMHO (in my humble opinion), the people that wrote negatively about her took a first-time surface impression (that was incorrect) and made a whole person out of it. I tell you honestly, nothing of what those people said jives with my experience with her. I'd be upset too if someone treated me like they are describing!!! So give Dr. Agersborg a try, if you are thinking about it - give her unique type of help a chance to help you, just as she has helped me! You never know about something, really, unless you try it yourself, right?

G. R.