Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen B Burgess has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Karen B Burgess has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Karen B Burgess has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karen B Burgess is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Burgess must have paid someone to write those reviews. It is uprising how close they are in dates. Over-all I had an awful experience with her. She was rude, hardly addressed my concerns, and she gave an incorrect "opinion". Go somewhere else for better care. The doctors in Tuscaloosa just arn't up to standards compared to the ones in Birmingham
I would highly recommend Dr. Burgess. She is very thorough and took time with my child and answered all of my questions. She made me feel reassured that I was doing all the right things, as this is my first baby and I have had a lot of questions. She is simply a delight and I would encourage anyone looking for a pediatrician to go seek her out!
Dr. Burgess has seen and treated both my daughter and step son for over 4 years. She's helped us from common colds to asthma to providing information about ADD. She was very patient and courteous with my children if you saw how my daughter acts when it's needle time, you would praise Dr. Burgess for her professionalism and work with children. I would highly recommend her with no reservations. I've had some experiences with some doctors that give the profession a bad name and Dr. Burgess would never go anywhere near that list. Not only did she make my children feel comfortable but she also made me feel like no question was too much to ask her. And she always made sure I understood the diagnosis and treatment
University Of Alabama Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Medical Center, 850 5th Ave E, Tuscaloosa, AL
Dr. Karen B Burgess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tuscaloosa, AL.