Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen L Canter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
We wait for Dr Canter because she spends the time needed for each patient - it does frustrate her to be scheduled inappropriately - but it is beyond her control when she works for a large practice. As far as the negative comments posted earlier - taking care of all of the needs appropriate for patients of a certain age no matter what they are there for - again, dictated by her employer. If you don't care about what is appropriate medical care for your age, don't make it the doctor's fault. She has never had an issue taking care of me or anyone else I know - I refer everyone to her. But don't make an appointment for a cold and then drop 10 problems on her - she is scheduled based on what you tell the secretary when you call. If she doesn't have time for you it's probably your fault - she always gives me the time I need.
It seems like Dr. Canter forgot about taking the time out to explain things to the patients. She used to really listen to you and treat you well. You try to tell her whats hurting you in like 10 minutes. When you give her a few problems to take one. She gets mad at you if you tell her about several issues you have. She used to be great when she had her own practice. Now it seems like she is not happy in Bel Camp and it shows.
Since joining the Hopkins Community physicians, Dr. Canter seems to be going through the motions. She has bought into the "community" (socialized) medicine model. She was terrific when she was on her own. Now she just goes thru the motions. (No more rx cough syrup because "the practice" doesn't believe they are effective). She isn't up in the night with a sick one that is does help! She is more interested in routine care now. Colonoscopy (I went in for a pinched nerve). Her staff doesn't answer the phone. They call you back if you leave a message. She often cannot see you. It is an extremely frustrating situation. We have left her practice and found a patient-directed doctor who is interested in our specific health, not just what is recommended for our age!
Dr. Canter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Karen L Canter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAshley Inc, 800 Tydings Ln, Havre De Grace, MD
Dr. Karen L Canter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Havre De Grace, MD.