Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen C Cummiskey
Dr. Karen C Cummiskey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Cummiskey is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center. Dr. Cummiskey has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen C Cummiskey has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Karen C Cummiskey has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Cummiskey delivered my twins, premature but mostly healthy, after a very difficult pregnancy. She and her husband (Dr. Balaskas) visited me everyday of my 6 week stay in the hospital. They were through, knowledgeable and caring. I switched doctors in the middle of my pregnancy because I felt my current doctor was not listening to me (she did not detect that I was having twins even into my second trimester). I choose Dr. C based on a recommendation I received from another woman who was having a difficult menopause. She was very impressed with Dr. C's knowledge and compassion.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cummiskey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1981
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Karen C Cummiskey accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
Locations & DirectionsMaternal Fetal Medical Associates Pc, 1000 E Paris Ave SE Ste 210, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen C Cummiskey in this video.
Dr. Karen C Cummiskey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.