Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Freedle
Dr. Karen Freedle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with other offices in Atlanta, GA and Atlanta, GA (and 1 other location). She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Allergy, Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Freedle is affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, Emory University Hospital and Grady Health System. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Freedle has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Allergy
A pediatric allergist and immunologist knows the immune system in and out and specializes in how your child’s immune system fights infections and outside invaders. Of course, this includes autoimmune diseases, asthma and pneumonia, but they can also treat allergic reactions to medications, environmental elements, bug bites and foods.
You might also visit a pediatric allergist or immunologist to diagnose any general breathing issues or to treat hay fever, eczema or cystic fibrosis. They can also provide proper allergy testing for children and offer advice on the best treatment options specific to your child's needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Freedle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Grady Health System
Choa at Hughes Spalding
Grady Memorial Hospital
Emory University School of Medicine
Children at Scottish Rite
Chidlren`s Hospital - Washington Univ. In St. Louis
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
Childrens Healthcare of Atl
20 Years Experience
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Karen Freedle accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karen Freedle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.