Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen B Dewling has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Nutritional Support
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
We have been with Dr. Dealing for seven years and she is great. I appreciate that she takes time to listen and make a proper diagnosis. My child was born very premature and Dr. Dewling was highly recommended by our wonderful neonatologist. Dr. Dewling has worked with us through many issues and I never hesitate to recommend her.
I used to think Dr. Dewling was great. Until she literally told my daughter that she didn't have time for her and that her THREE MINUTE diagnosis was all the time she had. She told her what she had, wrote a prescription, and left. I was astonished at the lack of courtesy -- especially for my daughter!
Have been with this practice for over 9 years. It use to be WONDERFUL, however, since they moved thier office and changed office staff...my experience has only gone down hill. Rude front desk people. I can never see Perlstein or Dwelling...only on certain days. It is very sad. I use to love taking my children and now considering a new practice.
I have 3 children that we have been taking to Johns Creek Pediatrics for several years now. Over the years the wait times seem to get longer (today 1 hr 40 minutes) and the staff seem unhappy in general.Everytime we go to this office we wait at least 1 hr to be seen an then at a minimum another 30-45 minutes to complete the visit.Dr. Dewling will take time with you and medically speaking def knows what she is doing, however the wait times and rude staff have urked my last nerve. I will be moving my 3 children to another practice, immediatley.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Karen B Dewling accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohns Creek Pediatrics, 4395 Johns Creek Pkwy Ste 150, Suwanee, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen B Dewling in this video.
Dr. Karen B Dewling is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Suwanee, GA.