Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen H Donley
Dr. Karen H Donley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Quinta, CA, with another office in Indian Wells, CA. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Donley is affiliated with Eisenhower Medical Center. Dr. Donley has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen H Donley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Due to change in company health benefits, I had to locate a new gynecologist for annual exams in 2010. I located Dr. Donley and arranged for my annual checkup. Unlike other doctors, she met with me in her office to discuss my history and concerns before moving me to another room for the check up. I shared some symptoms and she recommended I see a neurologist. I followed her recommendation and referral to a neurologist at Eisenhower. Because she listened to me (previous doctors diagnosed stress disorder), I was diagnosed with a rare arteriovenous malformation on the left temporal lobe. I underwent neurosurgery to remove the AVM. She saved my life by listening to me and making the right decision to refer me to another doctor for further diagnosis. Dr. Donley remains my doctor after 4 years of care. She is great!
There is nothing special about this doctor. The receptionist is cold and condescending. You have to leave your charge card number with them and months later you are charged for services you were unaware of. They also bill incorrectly so you are charged for services that are covered. Read everything, sign nothing and don't leave your card number. Not a wise choice for women using Medicare.
I have had very good experiences with Dr. Donley. She never rushes during our appointment and the wait time is minimal. Her appointment person/receptionist is always very nice and patient. Her PA could be a little more friendly when doing your BP and initial intake, but otherwise, an overall very good environment.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Donley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Karen H Donley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karen H Donley is similar to the following 0 Doctors near La Quinta, CA.