Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen S Dufour has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Women's Health
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Colon Cancer
- Hiatal Hernia
Showing 5 of 57
I became a patient last summer. She did not read my chart details and lowered my medication after my blood pressure was finally stable prior to my first visit with her. Well, within a month my pressure was sky high and my salt levels were so low that a seiure and coma can easily follow. My endo has been tracking levels, and sending her a copy, but she refused to do any follow up exam, saying that my endo is tracking and her office would really have nothing to do with this issue, although levels continue to fall after hitting normal briefly a month ago. I ended up in hospital with sinus infection and have had it many months. I have had meningitis and this can lead to another bout...and yet I have still not heard from her. What kind of primary care doc uses this type of protocol/triage? ...very disappointed in this practitioner. Look elsewhere if you dare to expect a caring,engaged doctor and practice.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Dufour is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1984
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Karen S Dufour accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGi Internal Medicine, 325 Boston Post Rd, Orange, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen S Dufour in this video.
Dr. Karen S Dufour is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CT.