Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen E Earle
Dr. Karen E Earle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Earle is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Earle has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen E Earle has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Insulin Infusion Systems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
The office is a well-oiled machine that operates as smoothly as can be expected. Try to never miss an appointment. Dr. Earle had to cancel mine, but I wasn't able to get in for another two months. Dr. Earle is very knowlegable and regularly tests new projects and devices. The downside of this is that it can frequently feel as though I, as a patient, am being advised to try out sponsored products instead of receiving the best care for my individual health needs. Rowena at the front desk is great and always greeted by a smile when I walked in. She is the warmest personality in the office. The rest, including Dr. Earle, vary from dry to coldly professional. I will still see Dr. Earle next month, but am seeking to find another endocrinologist soon thereafter.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Earle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Karen E Earle accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Street Internal Medicine, 1375 Sutter St Ste 308, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen E Earle in this video.
Dr. Karen E Earle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.