Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen M Erde has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
As a first-time patient, Dr. Erde merely LOOKED at me and told me I wasn't "sick enough" (her words exactly, based solely on my outward appearance) to have a specific gastroenterological condition-- daily severe abdominal pain and chronic diarrhea-- which I've been suffering with for over 10 years. She seemed to concur that because I wasn't visibly thin or underweight, it was impossible for me to have Crohn's or Colitis. I think it's common knowledge that an MD cannot make or rule out a diagnosis without proper testing... not by simply eyeballing a first-time patient. Frankly, I was tremendously disappointed and insulted... not to mention on the next appointment, after having some basic bloodwork done for a checkup, Dr. Erde informed me that my triglycerides were a little bit high, stating (and I quote) "Oh, that's no surprise, we all know you eat too much." (I'm a bit overweight, though I actually only eat once a day.) I was shocked and offended-- I'd never expect an actual MD to speak to me that way... and for the second time in 2 appointments I was reduced to tears by this woman's rude and unnecessary comments. Everyone I've retold this experience to has agreed that this is unacceptable behavior from a doctor... As for my next appointment through Multnomah County, I plan to request a new physician...
42 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1976
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Karen M Erde accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Portland Health Center, 9000 N Lombard St, Portland, OR
Dr. Karen M Erde is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Portland, OR.