3.0

Have you seen Dr. Karen Y Kim?

Stay away

I went to see this doctor for my annual physical and they took 6 (and I really mean exactly six) vials of blood, ekg, as well as other tests and billed my insurance. When I called to get results the doctor's office stated that there are no conclusive results and they would have to perform another physical. No. This is ridiculous. Not only did this office bill my pretty good insurance but she now needs help looking at results from the laboratory it sent it to, and wants to charge me again. Never go here if you don't have mediCal or some other insurance from the state. These doctor's located in the Good Samaritan building LOVE to charge people with good insurance. This is not my first experience with doctors from this location and I now know to avoid them. Stay away.

Never calls back even if you leave messages. Is dismissive of any concerns a patient has. Staff and doctor a really terrible.

Happy Patient

Dr Karen Kim is the finest doctor I've ever had. She has been my primary care physician for nearly ten years and also treats several members of my family. She is extremely knowledge, takes her time and always shows empathy. She is an excellent listener and that means a lot to me. She really is the ideal primary care physician.

Long time patient

Dr. Kim is very thorough, pleasant, and funny. She makes it easy to talk to her and never makes you feel rushed. Always calls to follow up when necessary. An excellent physician.

one of the best

dr. kim is smart, thorough and caring. she has been my md for about 5 years.....this week i was really ill and she took care of me immediately, had me admitted to the hospital, came to visit each morning at 6:30 am....... truly......the best.

Decent doc, but very bad office staff

This doctor was recommended to me by my Ob/Gyn, who is the best doctor of any kind I've ever dealt with. So far this doctor seems prompt and took time with me, but hasn't distinguished herself yet. My entire family is assigned to this doctor, and we find that her office staff is consistently dimsmissive, unenthusiastic and difficult to deal with. There have been no great incidents yet, it's just that they display a significant overall lack of enthusiasm and willing to be helpful or welcoming. The staff is incongruent with the actual doctor's practice.

Dr. Kim is fine if you just want a checkup and don't have any questions, concerns or issues, but there must be better doctors out there!

THIS DOCTOR ABANDONED ME AFTER I SPENT A YEAR IN THE HOSPITAL

AFTER I SPENT 9 MONTHS IN THE HOSPITAL, FOR A SURGREY THAT WAS NOT NEEDED A 8 CHEST TUBES,PART OF MY LUNG REMOVED. BECAUSE FIRST THEY THOUGHT IT WAS CANCER,THEN IT WAS TB, AND NEITHER WAS CORRECT, I WENT THROUGH A BAD DEPRESSION AND OF COURSE I GOT ADDICTED TO PAIN MEDS. SHE DID NOT WANT TO SEE ME ANY MORE AND DID NOT EVEN OFFER TO GET ME HELP. I MADE A APPOINTMENT TO SEE HER WHAN SHE CAME BACK AFTER HAVING A BABY. WHEN I WENT TO THE APPOINTMENT I WAS TOLD THAT SHE NO LONGER ACCEPTED MEDI.MEDI. AND SHOWED ME A LETTER THEY SAID THEY SENT,BUT I NEVER RECEIVED,IF SHE SAYS YOU NEED SURGREY I ADVISE YOU TO RUN OR AT LEAST GET A SECOND DOCTOR TOO CHECK YOU OUT.

not really doc

I visited her 3 times. Only diagnoses she can make "high colesterol" for all my conditions. When I explain all my complaines I could read in her eyes "I don't know what is it and not going to research too deep". All follow up calls were about high colesterol consern. Nice lady but not a doctor.

This doctor has attitude. When things are at her convenience, she's fine. I tried to call her for help one day and she gave me attitude because i hadn't been in to see her for 6 months! Seriously?? I can kind of relate to the person who had problems with her when they were in e.r.

I love my doctor. She is smart and efficient.

Dr Kim is thorough and professional.

I've recommended many friends to Dr Kim and all have been impressed. I am a registered nurse at UCLA and am happy to call Dr. Kim my doctor.

Dr. Karen Y Kim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.