Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Karen Filkins
Dr. Karen Filkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA, with another office in Torrance, CA. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Medical Genetics. Dr. Filkins is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital and University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Filkins has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
Dr. Karen Filkins has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Karen Filkins has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karen Filkins is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Karen Filkins yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Filkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCLA Medical Center
Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Med Center
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karen Filkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.