Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Karen E Fleenor has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Karen E Fleenor has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 17
she was my doctor with my first son he was born in 1993. she told me on my due date that I had a healthy seven and a half pound baby boy she didn't induce me till I was a week overdue he was born weighing five pounds five and a half ounces. he was also born with a major heart defect and he only had his arms down to his elbows he did not have the bottom half of his arm on either arm and I had 7 ultrasounds with this woman but she didn't know that he was missing that portion of his arms on either arm nor that he didn't have thumbs on either hand. She didnt even have the decency to come to me after my emergency c section and tell me that my baby may die. My husband was made to come break the news to me. He was flown to Duke University where he died six days later. To this day that woman has yet to apologize to me or offer an explanation. I requested my medical records several times and guess what , they only found half of them and none of my ultrasound's.
Staff is very courteous and prompt. The Dr. also saw me in a timely manner. The only complaint I have is that she rushes her patients and doesn't give them time to process and understand completely what she is telling them. Sometimes folks needs an extra few minutes to comprehend and take in information. "Bedside manner" is extremely important to me. I won't be going back due to how she made me feel.
While she did deliver my first two children, she has bad bedside manner and is rude. She at one time argued with me over when i felt my daughter move for the first time. At first she was a great doctor but maybe if she was more into helping than just making that dollar itd be better? But staff is super nice! Best part about visits
31 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Karen E Fleenor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO