Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Friday
Dr. Karen Friday, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Friday is affiliated with Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Stanford Medical Center. Dr. Friday has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Friday has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen Friday has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Dr. Karen Friday has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karen Friday is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I am a patient with a complicated medical history. She came in did not even share her name and said I work two days a month and I do not have time for complicated patients. She ordered medications at high levels so high they didn't exist. When I asked her if we were going to do EKG's to montior medication interactions she said she did not know how to do so. I've heard great things about her but she seems burnt out. She also wanted to refer me to a physical therapist and that referral never happened.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Friday is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Stanford Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Karen Friday accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen Friday in this video.
Dr. Karen Friday is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.