Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen M Hamad has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen M Hamad has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Karen M Hamad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr.Hamad is great. She diagnosed my condition before I knew there was a problem and saw to it that I had the right medications to treat my case of shingles (my first). This is the first time I have had a physician in whom I felt so much confidence. If you need a doctor who seems to have a crystal ball I would recommend Dr. Hamad.
We've have had multiple visits where we felt rushed by Dr Karen Hamad at our infant's appointments. I feel as though she talks down to me as if I am not intelligent. Dr Hamad rushes through the appointment so much that she leaves and I have to ask her receptionist to get her nurse to ask questions I had for the doctor. I feel Dr Hamad has a belittling edge to the way she has treated us (her patient's parents)
Intelligent, cutting-edge health care for you and your children, provided in a friendly and well-organized environment. Dr. Hamad is a keen physician with a well-earned reputation for patient advocacy and trenchant diagnoses. She has helped our family maneuver through the murky waters of a couple of serious episodes and we are grateful to her and her staff and wholeheartedly recommend her for all your family's medical needs.
23 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Karen M Hamad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFirst Physicians Group, 929 S Tamiami Trl Ste 101, Osprey, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen M Hamad in this video.
Dr. Karen M Hamad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Osprey, FL.