More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen Haslund has 2 locations
3518 Fm 973
Del Valle, TX 78617
Book Online Now
Dr. Karen Haslund has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Karen Haslund has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Karen Haslund is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Best ever, High Integrity
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karen Haslund - Posted on March 12th, 2017
Dr. Haslund helped me care for my disabled girls for many years. She was always there when we needed her with genuine care. She advocated relentlessly for my girls and never seemed exasperated by the mountains of paperwork special needs children generate. I truly could not have raised my girls without this special angel of a doctor, she was our rock in crisis. Dear Dr Haslund I can’t thank you enough, your dedication for caring truly helped our family in ways than I can ever express. Thank You!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karen Haslund - Posted on June 17th, 2013
I would recommend dr. Haslund to anyone who can see her. She was the best pediatrician i have ever found for my kids and we have moved around a lot. She was very thorough and good with them and actually read their files/history and made sure to follow up and further check all problems. After 15 mins with her- i had full confidence in all she had to say! And its not easy to impress me but she did! We have moved again and my biggest loss in this move was having her for a dr for my kids! And same day appts were always easy to get! Usually had us up there within mins!!! And i have 5 kids and they made it easy to bring multiples at one time.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Karen Haslund Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
More about Dr. Karen Haslund
Dr. Haslund is a native Austinite. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy at the University of Texas at Austin and went on to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. She received her M.D. from there in 1982. She completed 3 years of Pediatric Residency in Galveston and then returned home to Austin to private practice for 7 years. She then joined the ambulatory faculty of the Austin Pediatric Education Program where she currently practices. Dr. Haslund is Board Certified in the Practice of Pediatrics.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karen Haslund is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Del Valle, TX.