Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen H Jamison has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
At my age - I've had a few primary care doctors, and having children - I've spent a lot of time with their doctors. Dr. Jamison is the best doctor I've had. I've had other very good doctors, don't get me wrong. She is just far and away my favorite. Here is why: 1. The office staff (front and back) are incredibly friendly and very efficient. You don't wait long on hold at all - and the wait in the office is ridiculously short in this day and age. It's not uncommon that we wait half an hour for our pediatrician, which seems common these days. Not Dr. Jamison. I think the longest I have waited is maybe 10 minutes. 2. Dr. Jamison herself comes to get you. Not an MA. She walks you right to an exam room and starts the visit. So in addition to little time in the waiting room - you don't wait again in the exam room. 3. Really fast on return calls. I think the few times I called in affect a message - I never waited more than an hour for a return call. 4. If you have an issue pop up where you need to be seen, you can usually get in that day (provided you call with enough time left in the day). 5. Dr. Jamison is very attentive when she's conducting the visit. She listens patiently, values your input and takes her time. I never feel rushed by her. Which is astounding really because again - in my experience she doesn't run late. I have no idea how many patients she sees a day - but I'm guessing it's a lot. She always makes me feel like I'm her only patient. Like I said - I've had very good doctors. Hands down Dr. Jamison is the best I've had.
She takes the time to listen to you and focuses on what you're saying and what you are trying to say without jumping right in with a prescription pad. She doesn't automatically ask, "what did the last doctor do?" and do the same thing. She does what she thinks will work for you and does not just follow an "old" script. She's kind and patient. She genuinely cares about her patients and it shows in the way she talks to you. I'd recommend her for any age.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
14 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2004
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Karen H Jamison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHillcrest Internal Medicine, 4060 4th Ave Ste 505, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen H Jamison in this video.
Dr. Karen H Jamison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.