Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen D Hoffman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
I'm very frustrated with the staff at the office. My OB ordered a bunch of pregnancy related lab work and when one test came back abnormal she told me to give it to my doctor to have them immediately review and change my medication. I did this and when I still hadn't heard anything 3 days later I called the office only to be told by the receptionist that she had just scanned the labwork into the computer that morning and so the doctor would see it that afternoon or the next week! My health and the health of my unborn baby was in jepoardy and the receptionist took 3 days to even scan my paperwork in. It takes what - 2 minutes to scan a piece of paper into a computer or better yet, just give it to the doctor. It's a small office so it wouldn't have been that hard. I will most likely be switching doctors after this experience.
22 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Scranton Temple Mercy Hospital
Dr. Karen D Hoffman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHoffman Health Partners, 380 York Ave, Towanda, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen D Hoffman in this video.
Dr. Karen D Hoffman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towanda, PA.