Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen V Jackson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 11
This physician is incompetent and dangerous. Several years ago i came to see her for bilous vomiting and extreme stomach pain. She continued to send me home. I didnt know it at the time but i was vomiting bile due to a severe obstruction. I checked myself into emergency and according to my surgeon i had maybe another hour or two and i would have been dead. What doctor doesnt recognize critical life- threatening stmptoms and the description of bile? I presented with the classic easy to tecognize stmptoms of critical and emergency GI distress. For a week she continued to send me home and scheduled me for radiology exams seceral weeks into the future, i would be dead if i hadn't been so delirious after a week of no sleep, no food, no water, and pain so bad my limbs went numb and checked into the ER.
I had a really negative experience with this provider, one of the worst I've ever encountered. I think her listening skills are terrible, her bedside manner could be best described as disinterested, and overall she was unprofessional and even used a 4-letter word during my appointment. She argued with me over how my body reacts to certain medications, and became frustrated (including a visible roll of the eyes) when I could not list previous medications I had tried for a certain condition. Most importantly to me, I didn't feel there was any partnering going on. This was old-school "doctor knows best" kind of medicine that I had hoped was long gone. At any rate, I should have known better when I found how easy it was to book an appointment with Dr. Jackson. Also when asking the staff for recommendations, her name was never mentioned as one of the better providers at this practice.
21 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Karen V Jackson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSan Carlos Center, 301 Industrial Rd, San Carlos, CA
Dr. Karen V Jackson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Carlos, CA.