Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen L Jerome
Dr. Karen L Jerome, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Jerome is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and United Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen L Jerome has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen L Jerome has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Jerome is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1988
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Karen L Jerome accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving St NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Karen L Jerome is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.