Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Kennedy
Dr. Karen Kennedy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in York, PA, with other offices in York, PA and York, PA (and 2 other locations). She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Kennedy is affiliated with Gettysburg Hospital, York Hospital and WellSpan Medical Group. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Kennedy has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Beware of letting her speak to your children privately. In my case, she annotated responses out of context and didn't ask "follow up" questions to determine what my 5yr old said vs what he intended to say. Parents you know what I'm talking about. Lets just say, if you want to avoid the embarrassment of being investigated by Children & Youth Services avoid this Dr.
Told my daughter she was underweight. My daughter's family dr. said her weight was normal. To a teen who struggled to keep weight off, this was the OK to eat too much unhealthy stuff. In a subsequent appointment, Dr. Kennedy commented on her weight gain and teased her about eating too much Halloween candy. My daughter felt insulted, like Dr. Kennedy was making fun of her.
Dr. Kennedy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
WellSpan Medical Group
24 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Karen Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen Kennedy in this video.
Dr. Karen Kennedy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, PA.