Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen R Kieserman has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Showing 5 of 6
Long after I had complained of disabling and near-suicidal effects of Zoloft, Dr. Kieserman insisted I stay on it. Finally I rebelled and stopped taking it. Afterward, my internist asked my why, given the effects, I had stayed on it so long. Bingo! Some time later I consulted Dr. Kieserman on a personal/family decision, one which I was being pressed to take against my personal ethic and better judgment. Dr. Kieserman said "Do it," and, fool that I am, I did it. This has cost me my only child, whom I would never be able to trust again regardless of the decision, but still... When I reported back to Dr. Kieserman (twice, in writing) that One Size Does Not Fit All, I got no response.
26 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Karen R Kieserman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Park West Office, 115 Central Park W Ofc 5, New York, NY
Dr. Karen R Kieserman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.